52842Re: Bolger cruising catamaran

  • Greg Flemming
    Feb 21, 2007
      Yes, I guess so Graeme

      Actually it wasn't the fireworks I was missing, we get far too many
      of them in this city, it was the ship itself. But really, it is more
      a nostalgia for ships past which did have style. The QM1 certainly
      had/has style. The QM2 is better than some other blocks of flats in
      that respect, but it sure lacks style compared to the older liners.

      The media here have been making a real thing of the meeting in the
      harbour last night of the QM2 & the QE2 and how their namesakes last
      did that off the Heads in 1941 etc etc. There's been a lot of hype!

      > Thanks for providing this much clearer scan Greg.
      >
      > As to the fireworks missed - I guess it only goes to show there are
      > different ways of cruising.
      >
      > Graeme
      >

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Flemming" <greg@> wrote:
      > > I was finally able to scan the picture in Derek Harvey's book of
      the
      > > Bolger cruising cat on page 100... yet here am I uploading this
      > >file?? makes you wonder

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic