52593Re: HOW ABOUT A SOUTHEASTERN MESSAGBOUT?

  • nsimms
    Feb 2, 2007
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Sam Glasscock <glasscocklanding@...> wrote:

      > How about one of the rivers off Pamlico Sound? Lots
      > of water to explore for the big/fast boat guys, plenty
      > of nearby open water for shoal-draft sailing, but
      > protected for the little boat guys. I don't know
      > about shore access, etc. around New Bern or
      > Washington, N.C., but sombody on this group might.

      Goose Creek SP is the only one I'm aware of in this area. Haven't been
      there in years so I don't recall how suitable it is for a group
      messabout (beach?):

      http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/gocr/home.html

      12 primitive tent sites, but First Come First Serve, which would mean
      very tough to secure on a holiday weekend...

      Neil S.
    • Show all 31 messages in this topic