      From: Bruce Hallman
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 2:46 PM
      Subject: Re: [bolger] Re: Light Dory Type V

      > Amen. Mine's the prettiest boat at the lake whenever she's there. A
      > joy to row, and even better with two of us.

      Certainly all true, (and this is now splitting hairs), but I think I
      notice that during Phil Bolger's career that he has tended towards
      giving increased buoyancy in the bow and stern of rowboats. I think
      his hypothesis is that there is trade off of 'fine entry lines' versus
      a gain from 'effective waterline length' which is slightly more
      desireable in rowboats. I bet that the 'perfect' rowboat in PCB's
      mind might have more fullness in the ends than a Light Dory V.

      Though, I cannot argue that those long sweeping lines are gorgeous,
      and might be spoiled if made more full in the ends.