      From: Will Parkes
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 7:10 PM
      Subject: [bolger] Presto Cruiser

      Did PCB complete plans for the Presto Cruiser design in BWAOM? If so,
      does anyone know if it is all strip planked or is any ply used in the

      Over the weekend, in the presence of a naval architect, I was
      discussing sharpies with some fellow Bolger fans. We compared a number
      of hard chine sharpie designd, like Skillygallee, with more round edged
      designs like Karl Stambaugh's Trailer Sailer 24. Stambaugh uses ply on
      the sides and bottoms and strip planking on the corners. Some opined
      that the additional work involved in the strip planking wasn't worth
      what was thought to be a small gain in performance.

      We also compared the square sided sharpies (AS-29 etc) with those with
      more flair from Howard Chappelle as well as PCB. The flair averaged
      about 23 degrees from the vertical amidships. Does anyone have a view
      about the value of sharpie flair?

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.