52258Re: Long Micro sail questions

  • Bill
    Jan 12, 2007
      Hi all,
      I have pondered the advice of those who replied to my questions
      concerning sail lofts for my Long Micro. Thanks. I decided to
      further my search for lofts beyond the local area. I wanted to find a
      loft that had sewn sails for a sprit-boom rig before. I didn't have
      to look far. My first stop was Gambell and Hunter, in Maine.
      They are booked until July, which doesn't fit with my delusions that I
      will be launching early this summer. I looked at Dabbler Sails in
      Stuart Hopkins (the owner) has sewn plenty of traditional sails,
      answered all my questions, and can probably get to my sails in late
      February or March. Perfect. He got my business, and his estimate was
      the same as the other lofts.

      I'll keep everyone posted. Back to the epoxy and such.

      Bill, in Ohio

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Lenihan" <peterlenihan@...> wrote:
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hallman" <bruce@> wrote:
      > Hi Bruce(and Bill!),
      > My folder with all the bills relating to the building of my
      > Micro is in deep storage and would take a while to dig out.
      > However,I had ordered my sails through Common Sense Designs,when
      > Bernie Wolfard was at the helm and Brainbridge Sails(Brainbridge
      > Island?) for some reason keeps popping up in my memory as the source
      > of the sails.
      > Perhaps the best would be to contact Bernie( I think he still
      > may be a member of this group) for exact details.
      > In the meantime,I'll try and find time to head over to the
      > storage warehouse where my stuff is and try to extract the relavent
      > file .......not an easy thing for a dis-organized clown like myself:-)
      > Congrats on getting a marina berth Bruce,and so close to work!
      > Sincerely,
      > Peter Lenihan
      > > Peter, can/would you name the loft you used?
      > >
      > > [Now, FINALLY, after three years on a wait list for a San Francisco
      > > marina berth I got the call, and can finally move 'Rose' from her
      > > trailer to a downtown berth walking distance from my office.]
      > >
      > > {Back to the shop now, epoxy and chine tape on Topaz Spyder.}
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic