50427Re: Watervan

  • Nels
    Aug 19, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn" <linda_glenn@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know the material cost or projected construction cost
      for
      > a Watervan.
      >
      > Glenn

      I expect it would be very difficult to get any worthwhile
      projections without contacting PCB&F themselves as there are no
      scantlings really mentioned in any of the write-ups I have seen.

      Then the next factor to consider is what quality of materials and
      finish are you considering? This can affect the hull cost by 100% or
      more.

      The third factor is that Watervan would require a fairly expensive
      motor (90 hp) and trailer and enough power to tow it all.

      Watervan also has a fair ammount of equipment and furnishings
      inside, plumbing, controls, electrical, much like a Class B
      motorhome, or a tandem wheeled travel trailer - which it could
      double as - on longer trips especially.

      I would take a wild guess that I would like to have about 15-20K set
      aside to get a good quality finished product with a reliable 4-
      stroke motor and tandem wheeled trailer.

      A guy like Bruce Hallman could likely do it for half that and have
      twice as much fun in doing it:-)

      Fax PCB&F and enquire if you are at all serious.

      Nels
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic