49966Re: [bolger] Re: Micro's seagoing ability

  • Thomas Schmidt
    Jul 2, 2006
      All great knowledge-sharers,

      I'm grateful to all the interesting information you're offering, and be
      assured that neither of your advice is touching on inattentive ears!

      @David Graybeal: Thanks for the inspiring quote. And for the
      blessings... :-D
      "When it comes, the desire to build a boat is one of those that cannot
      be resisted. It begins as a little cloud on a serene horizon. It ends by
      covering the whole sky, so that you think of nothing else" -- Arthur Rans
      I'll try to always keep an eye on th e glittering surface of the
      water... and I hope that will be what always pushes me along to finish
      the boat and to get it into the water!
      I guess one reason for choosing the Micro (or Long Micro) is the
      following: I am - doubt it or not - 6' 8 3/4'' (2.05 metres) tall.

      @Buck Crowley: Building the hull from 1/2 inch occume seems to be pretty
      heavy, but you say it makes for a strong boat, and Phil approved of it.
      Could you tell me your boat's empty weight?
      In speaking about real cockpits I presume you meant such opening to the aft?

      @John Mann: I guessed from the beginning that she is no race boat... :-D
      I'm not looking for one at this time, otherwise I'd stick to my dream of
      a Minitransat boat. I'm just looking for a nice little boat to get out
      on the water with and which I can use for small cruises over the
      weekend. I don't like to be forced to camp out on the beach every night
      when going out on a dinghy, so I figured some cabin cruiser, also to do
      some serious several-weeks-cruising, as I definitely want to visit
      Scotland and Ireland by boat once. Not sure whether a Micro is good for
      that, but it would be nice...

      @Peter Lenihan: Thanks for the adviceI love the looks of Lestat (yes,
      David, I really do)! One excellent piece of work every boat builder
      would be proud of. I just hope I get to do it this good, too.
      Same question as to Buck... Do you know the weight of Lestat?
      Interesting articles on Duckworks you have on Lestat!
      Happy Canada Day to you, too :-D

      Many thanks again to all of you,