49326Re: Fibreglass Queen Mab

  • davejthib
    May 6, 2006
      I sold my Just Ducky to aq gentleman in Rhode Island who keeps it
      standing in the corner of his dining room as a piece of furniture
      when he is not sdailing her.

      I would STRONGLY recommend you do not purse the folding mast as
      shown on the plans, just doesn't work out in real life and adds a
      lot of complexity to the rig. Get a good sail made, not just a piece
      of straight cloth. I personally found that as designed the sailors
      weight was too far forward and I moved the seat back six inches
      which made the boat balance on her lines much better.. Be careful
      sailin such a small boat in crowded waterways, you cannot be seen by
      yoyos in flying bridges of big motor boats.

      dave thibodeau

      > Thank you for that. That weight sounds about right. I will let
      you know
      > the final weight. Are you still enjoying you Queen Mab? Any
      sailing tips?

      > Mike

      Fred' posts
      > > - Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and snip
      away
      > > - Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA,
      01930, Fax:
      > > (978) 282-1349
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic