49295Re: [bolger] Re: Oldshoe

    Apr 30, 2006
      On 4/30/06, pvanderwaart <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:
      > One of the interesting things apparent in the Oldshoe photos is how
      > the layout encourages the passengers to get well forward in the boat
      > so she is well on her lines even with a large (for such a small boat)
      > load as four adults.

      Indeed, if I was to create a list of characteristics that make a boat
      'Bolgeresque', the attention to 'human engineering' that encourages
      the live ballast in the boat to hang out in the correct locations is
      a signature element of Bolger's designs. Other examples of this
      Bolger design value seen with Birdwatcher and Topaz Spyder.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic