48213Re: psychology of boatbuilding

  • Nels
    Feb 9, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dnjost" <davidjost@...> wrote:

      > My daughter is my boatbuilding partner. She is now 11 years old and
      > learned the difference between a phillips head and a flat head
      > screwdriver by assisting with the Micro. This is essential when you
      > are hanging upside down and inside out under the cockpit deck of the
      > Micro you are building.

      With all due respect David, I think it is about time your daughter
      learned "the facts of life". Put away those silly flat and phillips
      screwdrivers and instead get her a set of "Robbies".

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_screwdriver

      I believe they are called "square head" screws in the States and often
      advertised through McFeely's. With a robbie you can drive a screw into
      the ceiling, or at an angle, using one hand. Try that with those other
      old fashioned kind:-) Also work perfectly when using a cordless drill.

      http://www.mcfeelys.com/

      Nels
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic