48070Re: micro or long micro

  • Nels
    Jan 30, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Lefebvre" <paul@w...> wrote:
      I've faced this numerous
      > times building my Micro, where the wood just didn't quite want to
      follow the
      > curve the plans call for because I'm beefing up certain elements
      beyond the
      > original scantlings. If you factor that in, you may nearly break
      even on LM,
      > all other things being equal!
      >
      > Paul L.

      PCB&F now recommend beefing up the scantlings if one plans on taking
      longer trips, like to the Bahamas, or up to Nova Scotia. So you could
      be right about that. Also they recommend the Navigator conversion
      which is a lot more work!

      Then it would depend on the level of finish you want. There is a
      considerable amount more sanding and painting on a Long Micro. It is
      after all - about 30% bigger altogether.

      Nels
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic