47598MDO question

  • ronporterus
    Jan 6, 2006
      MDO has been mentioned on this list several times but I am confused as
      to its recommended use in boatbuilding. I think I remember one
      posting that stated that MDO is ready to paint - no cloth or epoxy
      required (that may have been used in reference to a builder not
      planning to sheath with FG and epoxy). I have costed various types of
      plywood. There is no significant difference in cost in this area
      between 1/2 inch marine and 1/2 inch MDO. What are strengths and
      weaknesses of of single faced and double faced MDO?

      My apologies in advance to the group of this question should be posed
      elsewhere since the plans are not from Bolger.

      ronzo

      1 mouseboat
      1 pirogue
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic