47581Re: [bolger] Proas

  • john h wright
    Jan 4, 2006
      I will carefully re read this article several times. It is a good
      compilation of the good and problem features of the Proa form with
      quality incite into why and how with a historical perspective. A must
      read!
      Thank you. friend of Wanda
      and Chief Proaoligest

      On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:50:37 -0500 craig o'donnell
      <dadadata@...> writes:

      > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm
      >
      > A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of
      > an
      > interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its
      > simplicity and
      > cleverness.
      >
      > Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's
      > proa.
      > --
      > Craig O'Donnell
      > Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
      > <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fassitt/>
      > The Proa FAQ <http://boat-links.com/proafaq.html>
      > The Cheap Pages <http://www.friend.ly.net/~dadadata/>
      > Sailing Canoes, Polytarp Sails, Bamboo, Chinese
      > Junks,
      > American Proas, the Bolger Boat Honor Roll,
      > Plywood Boats, Bamboo Rafts, &c.

      > dead horses
      > posts
      > Fax: (978) 282-1349