47348Re: Daysailer Sharpie Design Selection

  • David
    Dec 7, 2005
      Bruce,

      Heresy, indeed ;^) I talked about our thorough search, but I could
      have added more. At the time, I looked at every Bolger design I
      could find. There were quite a few, and we did consider some of
      them. I really like Bolger's approach. I really, really like the
      magic that has resulted from some of his very innovative designs.
      Turns out, in the almost 2 years since, I've continued to discover
      new designs. In fact, there are a lot of Bolger designs I wasn't
      aware of when we were picking. A Very Lot! Can't say if we'd have
      picked one of them in preference to the [not a Bolger design], but
      there certainly are a lot of great boats.

      Perhaps if we heard a list of the requirements for this boat, Bruce
      and some of the other experienced hands could better make
      recommendations.

      Cheers,
      David Graybeal
      Portland, OR.

      "Experience starts when you begin" -- Pete Culler

      ********************

      > > The boat we chose was [not a Bolger boat].
      > > David Graybeal
      >
      > Heresy. <grin>
      >
      > With 700+ Bolger designs to choose from,
      > you couldn't find what you want?
      >
      > Windsprint is a tried and true boat, and you couldn't go wrong.
      >
      > There is also Bolger's Featherwind.
      >
      > http://www.simplicityboats.com/featherwind.html
      >
      > I recomend that you step one knotch up and build a Zephyr
      >
      > http://www.instantboats.com/zephyr.htm
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic