47333Re: [bolger] Daysailer Sharpie Design Selection

  • Will Samson
    Dec 7, 2005
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: txsailor37
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:31 AM
      Subject: [bolger] Daysailer Sharpie Design Selection

      >>I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good design for a Sharpie
      styled hull in about a 16' length. I would strongly prefer a plywood
      or tac and tape design. I would consider a a larger boat I am
      primarily interested in trailer sailing. And.... I do not like
      leeboards.>>

      I built and owned a 'Seahorse' skiff, designed by Iain Oughtred, for a number of years. It's 15'2" long x about 4'6" beam. It has a conventional centreboard.

      It can be rigged with a spritsail or a lugsail, and there's even an option of jib and mizzen.

      It's a fun boat, though pretty heavy for its size if you build it with the half-inch bottom that the plans specify as well as the buoyancy compartments.

      It's great in semi-protected waters.

      Please contact me off-list if you'd like to see photos etc.

      Bill Samson