47222Re: Borate as a rot rx--was green plywood

  • Lepage Roger
    Nov 30, 2005
      My cotage is finished with vertical wood boards.
      As you know, with rain droping
      years after years on the gallery, balcony etc...
      the one feet and a haft down the wall got black
      with fungies either the wood was treated in that
      time with outdoor stain or not.
      Fortunatly after reading about éthylène glycol
      I gave it a try. With a garden sprayer and with 50% of
      water to dilute, I sprayed all the black stains It was
      around october and we never go there in winter.
      The year after I did not notice any chage as I came
      back there but I noticed that the spring rains washed
      away all the black (the fungies)and desapered rain
      after rains.
      I can assure you that right now my docks with that
      treatment after six ears always look as new.
      And I will never stain or paint it. Just the
      sheapest motor coolant with 50% of water.
      Take care of not breathing the mist.
      ROGER.

      > We get a lot of rain in south GA and concrete driveways get a
      black
      > fungus in the pores. Marble headstones get it too. Where a car
      leaks a
      > little antifreeze we have a clean circle on the driveway that
      lasts for
      > years.

    • Show all 32 messages in this topic