46587Re: [bolger] Re: Birdwatcher-2 pictures
- Oct 15, 2005I have not bought Dow blue foam in a few years but at that time it could
be bought in many thicknesses and in different densities (weights). My
observation is that it is much more rigid (harder) and I think a better
material that the OC pink for most of our purposes. Does anyone out
there have better info than this. I am interested. Could you describe
the test "beam" construction that you tested.
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:07:51 -0000 "Bob larkin" <boblark@...>
Peter, thanks for the comments.
Good question about the foam. In the local stores, I only see the
Owens-Corning Formular 150. I bought a sheet and made up some test
beams, 2-inches wide. These were impressively strong, and I further
tested it by walking (wearing sneakers) on the sheet laying on the
floor. It left no permanent indication, other than from my dirty
shoes. This is all not very scientific, but it looked better than I
thought the stuff would be! I have never seen the Dow Styrafoam blue
type, and would like to learn more. Can you add to this, as I still
can switch? There must be someone selling Dow in Oregon.
--- In email@example.com, "Peter Lenihan" <peterlenihan@h...>
> but I just have to ask why you went with the pink styrofoam insteadBolger rules!!!
> of the denser blue styrofoam?
> Continued building success!!
> Peter Lenihan
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, respamming, or flogging dead
- stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks, Fred' posts
- Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and snip away
- Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax:
- Unsubscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open discussion: email@example.com
SPONSORED LINKS Boating safety Alaska outdoors Boating magazine
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
Visit your group "bolger" on the web.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>