46387Re: Best Dinghy

  • graeme19121984
    Sep 30, 2005
      Right you are. I see that she was designed to be rowed some distance
      through rough water to an offshore anchorage, perhaps at first then
      not to be towed. But PCB added a skeg to make her tow straight, then
      went showing off. There's another reference though, somewhere, where
      PCB writes of her being towed at speed in rough conditions,
      challenged, but dry. Does she chew gum then? Does he need a good
      reason?
      Graeme

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@y...> wrote:
      > > Bolger designed the Light Dories (1to 6?) to satisfy his own need
      > > for a towable tender.
      >
      > I have one. She's wonderful as a recreational rowboat, but she's
      > utterly miserable as a tender -- the slightest shift of weight will
      > put one of the gunwales in the water. Boarding from a float stage or
      > dock is difficult; boarding from another vessel is a feat for an
      > Olympic gymnast.
      >
      > --
      > Susan Davis <futabachan@y...>
    • Show all 111 messages in this topic