45802Re: [bolger] Re: Yahoo Groups Photo Download

    Sep 5, 2005
      > Not if the moderator has gone through and deleted the full resolution
      > copy, which happens frequently to conserve space. We only get 30 MB
      > per group, and full resolution pictures take up a lot of space.
      > Susan

      I think that what Susan writes is relevant to photos stored in the 'Files'
      section.

      For photos stored in the 'Photos' section, Yahoo compresses the image
      so severely that it approaches illegibility.

      I am with Gregg, believing that optimally, 'jpg' photos should be sized
      about 100kb to 200 kb and stored in the 'files' section.

      [One exception, scans of black and white images can be better
      read if stored in the 'gif' format in 2 color mode.]

      Also, dozens of better 'free' photo storage site are available for use.
      Webshots, photobucket, pbase, Flickr and more.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic