4523Re: [bolger] Electric auxiliary engine

  • edward haile
    May 3, 2000
      Hi Lincoln Ross,

      I'm not even at the skeptical stage. All I have is a brochure & claims that
      this is something unique and unmatched in boat propulsion. "The Wheel is
      more powerful, energy efficient, reliable and carefree than any other gas or
      diesel engine, or electric motor of comparable horsepower in use today."
      They are up to something, I don't know what. I mentioned it to see if
      anybody out there knew more, and the subject came up. Regeneration they say
      comes from a spinning prop as the boat sails. That sort of thing, along with
      windvane and solar panels. My guess is it's a very efficient electric motor,
      two, infact, with 8 moving parts and no grease or oil. Maintenance free
      after 3 years in salt water. It says it relies on ten deepcycle batteries. A
      bit more than 50lbs, I'd say. But then IC engines don't include the weight
      of fuel tanks, do they? Anyhow, talk to Solomon Technologies in Benedict,
      Maryland 301-274-4479.

      Ed Haile