4512Re: [bolger] Electric auxiliary engine

  • edward haile
    May 2 9:26 PM
      Hi Gordon,

      Have you heard of "The Electric Wheel"? I picked up a brochure at the
      Annapolis boat show in '97 or '98, and I am still not quite sure what it is.
      I quote from the brochure:

      "The sailboat did 6k for 17-1/2 hrs (1200 watts burn rate) from a single
      charge, with three solar panels and regenerative feedback." "The sailboat
      did 2.7k with only one motor, demonstrating the redundant emergency
      operation." The boat was an old 33' mahogany yacht. The principle seems to
      be very high power at very low rpm. Weighs 50lbs.

      Ed Haile