4506Re: [bolger] Electric auxiliary engine

  • Roger Dewhurst
    May 2, 2000
      At 16:35 2/05/00 -0000, you wrote:
      >I remember seeing a hydraulic drive auxiliary system advertised in
      >SAIL, decades ago. By now it is a vague memory.

      Hydraulic pump/motor combinations are common enough in general industrial
      situations. It is not necessary to look for special marine versions. But
      consider the efficiencies of both pump and motor and the head losses
      involved in pumping hydraulic oil around before going down this track.

      Roger.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic