43304Re: old Birdwatcher web site

  • Dennis
    May 2, 2005
      Craig, I'd be interested in hearing of your experiences sailing the
      BW. I have WB 179 with Mason Smith's write up as well as the August
      and Sept 2004 MAIBs dedicated to the BW in "Bolger on Design." I was
      not attracted to the BW until I saw pics of it in WB -- looks much
      better than the drawings can communicate. I keep wondering if that
      particular boat might not be a good candidate for sailing on the
      Great Lakes. I could have been sailing by now despite the cold and 35
      degree water!

      Dennis

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, craig o'donnell <dadadata@f...> wrote:
      > Paul
      >
      > I would be grateful for any information you may have. I am
      constantly
      > thinking about building one. Maybe a dose of reality would cure me.
      > Thank you.
      >
      > I've rehabbed a Birdwatcher and might be able to answer some Q's.
      >
      > --
      > Craig O'Donnell
      > Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
      > <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fassitt/>
      > The Proa FAQ <http://boat-links.com/proafaq.html>
      > The Cheap Pages <http://www.friend.ly.net/~dadadata/>
      > Sailing Canoes, Polytarp Sails, Bamboo, Chinese
      Junks,