42376Re: High surf advisory where I live.

  • David
    Mar 2, 2005
      > I launched my Micro Navigator on Christmas Day
      > at the Half Moon Bay harbor, just down the
      > road from my house. Just outside where I launched
      > there is this reef, Mavericks, on which at times the
      > ocean swell stacks up BIG! Well, now is that time.
      > Here are photos from the day before yesterday,
      > and today is similar.
      > http://www.mavsurfer.com/frank_quirarte/gallery/

      Hi Bruce,

      Typically, I'm just a lurker here - chiming in when the topic turns to
      woodworking or wood technology. Had to comment on these photos though.
      Do you surf the Mavericks break? If so, you have my sincere
      admiration. At the apex of my surfing career, I surfed a similar sized
      shore break, called The Point, near Seaside, Oregon. Sphincter City! I
      survived - and apparently looked OK doing it. However, it left me with
      a huge appreciation of, and respect for, breaks like Maverick & N.
      Shore (Hawaii). Anyway, thanks for the photos - how was the sail? Was
      it an offshore wind? Kinda looks like it from the photos. Did you have
      to tack back to shore? How did the boat hold up in those conditions?
      How is windage from the cabin? Overall, what are your impressions so
      far? I really like the looks of the Navigator option, but look forward
      to hearing more about the performance.

      David Graybeal
      Portland, OR.

      "The brave man carves out his fortune, and every man is the son of his
      own works" - Cervantes
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic