42373Re: [bolger] Bought Bolger books!

  • Sam Glasscock
    Mar 2 7:40 AM
      Neat. About a year ago I was checking eBay and came
      across a set of Bolger books for sale, I believe
      30-Odd Boats, Small Boats, Folding Schooner and Boats
      with an Open mind. They had just been listed for
      auction, with a "buy it now" price in the twenty or
      thirty dollar range. I immediately bought them. Five
      minutes later I got an e-mail from a very nice lady
      admitting that I had purchased the books, but asking
      me to set the sale aside. Apparently she had been
      cleaning house, bundling up piles of old books and
      putting them on eBay. Her husband noticed that his
      Bolger books had been swept up in this purge, and was
      horrified. She immediately tried to cancel the
      auction, but too late, I had already bitten. Of
      course, I let her keep the books, but for a few brief
      moments I owned all four at a bargain price, at least
      in theory. Sam
      --- Gavin Atkin <gmatkin@...> wrote:

      > In a second-hand bookshop in the South-East of
      > England I was delighted this
      > week to find a copy of The Folding Schooner and 30
      > Odd Boats for �35 the
      > pair! Lovely...
      >
      > I don't know how many copies were ever sold here,
      > but my strong impression
      > is that the number must be very few, so I feel very
      > lucky.
      >
      > Gavin
      >

      > --
      > Date: 28/02/2005