41718Re: Micro Sunny Sailing and Free Flooding Wisdom

  • Peter Lenihan
    Feb 1, 2005
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "mannthree" <johnmann@i...> wrote:
      > Also when I tie up at the mooring, I notice that she's a bit stem
      > bown, stern up due to the weight of the mooring chain and rope.
      This
      > may cause the forward free flooding area to be flooded more than
      usual,

      > Cheers,
      >
      > John

      John,

      I see the problem now,says the blind man :-D
      Perhaps you just need to put a mooring float at the upper end of
      your mooring chain thus relieving the stem of having to float that
      weight of the chain thus it has only to support the weight of the
      line or rope used to secure yourself to the float.
      Of course,it may not be so straight forward as there may well be
      other reasons why your mooring is set up as it is.
      A good sized cooler,loaded with glass bottles filled with juice
      sure adds some good weight and multiple coolers add up to moveable
      ballast to always keep your Micro in "perfect" sailing trim :-)
      Glad to here that you are/have discovered the simple,easy method of
      taking your leisure on the water.
      It was -3 C. here yesterday,almost t-shirt weather,by golly!Can
      summer be that close? And if it is that close,that can only mean you
      had better get in the maximum number of days on board 'cause winter
      is slowly headed your way......my sympathies.....:-D

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan,one bottle short for a case,from along the its'-almost-
      too-good-to-be-true-thawing shores of the St.Lawrence...........
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic