41717Re: Micro Sunny Sailing and Free Flooding Wisdom

  • mannthree
    Jan 31, 2005
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Lenihan" <peterlenihan@h...> wrote:

      Peter,

      You are absolutely correct that a cool beer sipped leasurely whilst
      leaning back in the cockpit of the Micro is definitely my definition
      of Heaven on Earth. The Micro is such good sailor that one rarely
      spills any of the liquid amber due to having to perform frantic
      tacking antics that seem to be happening amongst the racing fleets. I
      am continuously amazed that they all seem to be in a bloody great
      hurry to get to that next buoy and to "starboard" out any opposition
      who happen to be in their way. Sydney harbour can be a Microcosm of
      life in any big city with people full of testosterone, attitude and in
      a hurry to get nowhere, but I still love the place.

      The drain holes in Time Out are above the water line at rest. Having
      said that, I think that I could do with a little more ballast as when
      a get an extra 100 kilos (220lbs) in the boat she does stand up better
      in a blow, plus she seems to "bounce" around less in a harbour chop.
      Also when I tie up at the mooring, I notice that she's a bit stem
      bown, stern up due to the weight of the mooring chain and rope. This
      may cause the forward free flooding area to be flooded more than usual,

      Cheers,

      John

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic