41356Re: New Year Bolger thoughts

  • David
    Jan 2, 2005
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Stephenson" <stephensonhw@a...>
      > A nice tribute to this group, Harry. But do you still keep up the
      > trumpet playing? One of my model yacht racing friends goes by the
      > name of Les Brown. (The above will be a mystery to most people under
      > about 60).
      > Howard
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Harry James
      > > The answer was "absolutely nothing is wrong, things are very
      > > right". I was really coming home.

      Hold up there hepcat. Mostly I'm a lurker here, but couldn't let that
      one go. I'm substantially under 60, recently turned 39 (again), and I
      certainly know Les Brown & his band of reknown. Of course, I played
      trumpet for a few years. Right now I'm listening to a random selection
      of: Glenn Miller; Miles Davis; Benny Goodman; Cab Calloway; Duke
      Ellington. This kind of music keeps me hopping while I work on the
      boat we're currently building.

      David Graybeal
      Portland, OR.

      "You know what I miss about the good old days? I wasn't so good & I
      wasn't so old" - Groucho Marx
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic