41350Re: [bolger] Re: Birdwatcher II - others being built?

    Jan 2, 2005
      > >How about UMHD strakes like Bruce used on Rose?
      >
      > Yes, and it sounds like another good area to learn more about. I have used
      > it for small sliding parts---but why not the boat. BTW, I plan to take the
      > boat all the way to the water on the trailer ;-)

      <grin> Having UHMW skid strips on the boat was also useful when
      pushing/pulling the boat around in my shop and driveway during
      construction. It makes sense to reinforce the 'points of contact'
      of the hull, the center bottom of the fin keel, and the center
      edges of the chines.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic