41013Re: Sharpie Cat design

  • Todd
    Dec 8, 2004
      The cabin is the kicker on this cat . Seems you can't have your cake
      and eat it to. Start optimising the cabin for windage you end up
      with making the hulls taller to acommadate space lost in cabin which
      adds windage. The cat just looks fun . But I keep seeing 2 skinny
      hulls one short and a one long with a big square cabin in the
      middle;) I'll keep you posted.

      Todd

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "doug6949" <prototype@c...> wrote:

      > Windage is always going to be a factor to consider in catamaran or
      > pontoon designs. Any cabin you put on it will significantly
      increase
      > the profile.
      >
      > 18" freeboard is not much for a 23 foot cat. Your cabin profile is
      > what you need to evaluate.
      >
      > Doug

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic