39814Re: [bolger] Re: deisel outboard motor?

  • Harry James
    Oct 8, 2004
      A while back on this group (2 years?) a member panned china diesel, said
      that current management didn't do as good a job of checking quality
      control as previously. As I remember the discussion these engines are
      kind of a standard with 10's of thousands of units built. Some
      manufactures did better than others.

      HJ

      Howard Stephenson wrote:

      >--- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Hallman <bruce@h...> wrote:
      >

      >>http://www.chinadiesel.com/
      >>
      >>Shows their 'high thrust' outboard motor which has
      >>long intrigued me, and the price is right.
      >>

      >... but mind your fingers!
      >
      >There are inboard diesels at the same site. Bolger's Miniature Steel
      >Tug was designed around a 30 h.p. Chinese version. He said he'd seen
      >one installed; he, and others better qualified that he thought they
      >looked "an excellent job of engineering".
      >
      >He also commented about the low price coming out of the hides of the
      >workers. These days, the people left behind in the rural villages are
      >worse off than those with jobs -- but I suppose some of the money
      >gained from foreign sales gets back to them.
      >
      >Howard
      >

      >Bolger rules!!!
      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      >.