39586Re: Doh! Keel!!!!!!

  • Nels
    Oct 1, 2004
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Stancil" <jasonstancil@h...>
      wrote:
      > To further clarify my stupidity: When i installed the second
      > sheathing half to the deadwood i gave the ply a little....ok a
      > heafty tug to line up the two halves. At the time no problem. I
      > guess my submersible basement acted as a monster steam bender after
      > the epoxy cured......it held it's shape for a week before it
      tweaked.

      > Jason

      Ahhhhh so you tortured your poor keel as well. And I bet you put in
      lots of fastners so it would hold nice and tight too eh?

      I would go back to plan "A" and force it into place on the keel
      batten. The keel is so shallow up that far forward you won't even
      notice once you've had a couple cool ones:-)

      All the best Jason. Admire your tenacity and determination.

      Send pictures once you are finished:-)

      Cheers, Nels
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic