39582Re: Doh! Keel!!!!!!

  • Nels
    Oct 1, 2004
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Stancil" <jasonstancil@h...>
      wrote:
      >> Seriously, suggestions would be appreciated as sailing in circles
      > wasn't what i had in mind when i started this project.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jason
      > PS should have stuck some leeboards on her.

      Jason,

      You are just going to have to treat your keel better if you want it
      to co-operate and stop this leeboard nonsense!

      First we need more details. What is it that is warped? How wet is the
      plywood? Is the lead shot epoxy area warped at all? I am wondering if
      you can lay it flat and put weight on the warped area forcing it to
      straighten? Otherwise the forward end of the deadwood will likely
      have to be replaced, which means a scarf of some kind. What kind of
      shoe did you install? You might have to put another layer of plywood
      on and then you will end up with a wider, but stronger keel.

      If it is only a small amount - ignore it. You can tune it out with
      the mizzen. Oooops just realized you don't have a mizzen:-(

      Move over and share the moaning chair and hand me a brew while I
      contemplate. Nels
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic