38818Re: [bolger] Not A Bolger Boat....but,

  • boblq
    Sep 2, 2004
      On Thursday 02 September 2004 06:53 pm, Hugo Tyson wrote:
      > Yes quite interesting.
      > I've always admired William Garden's "Privateer" design but to build
      > one, if you could get the plans from him, would take a massive amount of
      > timber not to mention years of work!
      >
      > This design (Swiftsure ), while relatively simple looks very appealing, but
      > for my tastes it would need to be enlarged by at least 25% (If not 50%) all
      > over to about 21' 6" x 6' 8"(25%) then further stretched to about 30' for
      > the addition of another mast to make her a Schooner. Then we would have
      > basically a totally new design, which would be about twice as expensive to
      > build, but the idea's interesting?
      >
      > Hugo Tyson, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.
      > woofers94401 <gregoryu@...> wrote:
      > Does this look like fun, or what?
      >
      > http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/plans/swiftsure/
      >

      > Greg

      LOL,

      I love the marketing,

      "Just imagine the silhouette as she comes into sight around the point at
      sunset, with flags flying, a miniature cannon and a crew outfitted in tricome
      hats and sailor's caps, this would be a great vehicle for a bunch of greying
      pirates out for fun on a sunny day."

      As a greying pirate I can appreciate the complete disconnect from
      reality this implies. Reality after all can be a real downer. My son,
      who is fifteen and cannot quite understand why I am building an
      absurd boat, nonetheless he sort of gets it when I show him this
      boat.

      for your amusement
      http://www.osocomm.com/Bob/banka.html

      Onward,