38036Suggestions for home-built tiller extension and universal joint?

  • Rob Mouradian
    Aug 3, 2004
      I would like to add an extension to my wooden tiller and I am
      wondering what other people have used for a connection. I have seen
      some expensive carbon-fiber rods and universal joints, but I would
      prefer to do something cheap.

      My first attempt was to just drill a hole through the tiller and
      another "stick" then run a rope through both and put stopper knots on
      both sides. That is cheap and easy and gives plenty of flex. It is
      fine for tacking when the joint is at a sharp angle, but it seems a
      little too loose when the tiller is pointed more or less forward.

      Any suggestions for a "better" solution?

      Thanks

      Rob
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic