38033Re: [bolger] Re: seaworthy bolger ply designs.
- Aug 2, 2004This would be a lot like his Fast Motorsailer featured in his book Boats with an Open Mind(BWAOM) or is it entirely differnt type of concept?
"Lewis E. Gordon" <l_gordon_nica@...> wrote:Jason,
A 23' Motorsailer from SJB #74 (I think, my collection is boxed up at
the monent) that never went beyond the cartoon stage. Mr. Bolger was
very enthuastic at the time about it as being the minimal seaworthy
boat by design. (This was the early 80's.) It was the first boat with
a "cutwater" that I remember seeing. Plywood taped seam construction.
I still want to build it from the cartoon. I have developed the
offsets and faired them with an old CAD program.
(too many projects)
--- In email@example.com, "Jason Stancil" <jasonstancil@h...> wrote:
> I've been thumbing through lots of books trying to see what kind of
> small ply boats bolger deemed seeworthy. He never seemed to doom a
> boat but would say "in a pinch" it would do. Doesn't instill
> "seaworthy"......you decide what that means
> AS39....it's done the atlantic, not small
> AS29......maybe, maybe not
> seabird 86'.......better than the original and it made it across
> The ostar's boats.....the where designed for it right?
> Centenial II.......not me
> Storm petryl......made to take a beating, but not cruise
> Micro Navigator.....susan told me NOT for circumnavigation! i didn't
> ask......must be some crazies out there
> Long Micro Navigator.....opinions?
> Jessie cooper.......in a pinch
> romp.......well proven
> yonder.....better than romp
> Col Hasler.........supposed to be....steel
> What do you folks think? I know there are dozens of designs i have
> never even heard off.
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
- stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks, Fred' posts
- Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and snip away
- Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
- Unsubscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open discussion: email@example.com
Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to:
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>