38022RE: [bolger] Re: seaworthy bolger ply designs.

  • Robert Gainer
    Aug 2, 2004
      Phil,
      When you look at a design, what is it that you use as a gauge of
      seaworthiness? Can you point to a feature or trait and say that is or is not
      desirable. Or is it the ´┐Żoverall´┐Ż look of the boat and rig that tells you.
      For example, do you have a spreadsheet and assign points either positive or
      negative for a list of characteristics in the design, construction and rig.
      Is this a gut reaction, or have you put numbers to any of this based on
      comparing other boats that have a track record, good or bad.
      Thanks,
      Robert Gainer

      >From: "Phil S." <newbarndesign@...>
      >To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [bolger] Re: seaworthy bolger ply designs.
      >Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:17:15 -0000
      >
      >Hi Jason I am not sure if you are looking for a sail or power only, but i
      >just recieved the
      >packet from Phil and Friends about Tahiti, Other than some design issues I
      >am not fond of
      >it looks to be a really sea worthy and excelent design.
      >Regards
      >phil

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic