38021Re: [bolger] Re: seaworthy bolger ply designs.

    Aug 2, 2004
      > > "seaworthy"......you decide what that means
      PCB: "I define seaworthiness as the ability to keep the sea in all
      weathers in reasonable safety. Design and construction are only part
      of it.
      Quality of handling and gear are, if anything, more important"

      Other seaworthy Bolger boats,

      _Col. H.G. Hasler_, 20'0" LOA 8'0" breadth, welded steel construction,
      "Minimum World Crusing Single-hander"

      Also, _Fiji_ 34'7" LWL 11'0" breadth,
      "go-anywhere yawl"

      Both these boats have Chinese Cat Yawl rigs.

      I also recall a Bolger boat called "passagemaker" but I can't
      find any notes on it, anybody else remember this?
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic