36533Re: Houseboat #481Trailer Question

  • Nels
    May 24, 2004
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Paul McLellan" <bys@c...> wrote:
      > I have just cut out and mocked up the trailer for the Bolger
      Houseboat
      > #481. It looks inspiring and will cause me to push a little to
      finish
      > the boat sooner.

      I am no trailer expert, but in my experience I have found that the
      longer the tongue, the easier it is to bacl the trailer accurately.
      Also you need space to work between boat and tow vehicle. Plugging in
      the lights, raising and lowering the jackstand and maybe the tailgate
      of the truck and perhaps operating a winch.

      Tandem wheels are great, but not cheap, as you will need brakes and
      break-away switch etc.

      Cheers, Nels
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic