36276Re: micro pictures online

  • findleyjh@earthlink.net
    May 2, 2004
      Jason,

      One compartment at a time sounds like a good approach.

      I've not set a date certain for the launch (lest I set myself up for
      failure), but I'm hoping for mid-summer. I'd like to get my family
      out on Lake Michigan sometime this summer/fall.

      Cheers,
      Jim

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Stancil" <jasonstancil@h...>
      wrote:
      > Jim -
      > I'm glad i'm not the only one currently struggling through this
      > micro thing.
      > I'm on the same line of thought with you on the keel......not too
      > worried about it, i just want to get it behind me.
      > I'm looking forward to your pictures get 'em up will ya.
      > Not sure about my building pace, now the weather is getting nice
      > it's hard to stay in the garage and i feel bad running the table
      saw
      > after 8 pm, my neibors may kill me before i'm done.
      > I've decided to just finish out one compartment at a time. Stern
      > well, bow well, stowage bins, then the interior.....i actually
      > already started framing the bunks cause i wanted to stiffen the
      hull
      > up before i flip her back over to glass the bottom. Been dragging
      my
      > feet on that part as i'll need to let her sit untouched for a week
      > before i can prime it and flip it back over.
      >
      > I'm hoping to do sea trials by the end of august but that will be
      > without an electraical system or water tanks. I'm setting the boat
      > up for a bit of micro cruising but just geting it on the water
      takes
      > precedent over fitting out the cruising gear as i won't take an
      > extended cruise until december. I'm a poor graduate student so
      > funding may slow my progress significantly, only a little bit of
      tax
      > refund left to plunder.
      >
      > When is your targeted launch date?
      >
      > Jason