35443Re: stupid little bubbles in my epoxy!

  • soussouchew
    Mar 29, 2004
      A little trick that I use for a smooth as glass clear epoxy finish:

      When the bubbles appear, wave a propane torch (the coolest
      part of the outer flame) rapidly back and forth over the surface
      and watch the bubbles disappear. I have heard that an electric
      heat gun will work also, but mine was out on loan so I haven't
      tried it. Be sure there are no volatile liquids or fumes in the area.
      Also, if the torch is attached directly to a small cylinder without a
      hose between, the flame will go out if you tip it horizontal. It works
      much better with a hose set-up.

      Vince
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic