34267Watervan

  • Nels
    Feb 4 9:15 AM
      John,

      Have you checked out this baby, here in the files section? I find it
      has an uncanny similarity to my LWB full-sized Chevy van and could be
      towed with a regular flat bed trailer I would think.

      Seems it is the next step upwards over the CCS

      "Watervan"

      Design #632

      6.92M x 2.46M (22.7 feet x 8.07 feet)

      This boat was designed primarily For Australian rivers and lakes,
      although
      capable of alongshore or even offshore passages in reasonable
      weather, in
      fact, she would have a better chance in heavy weather than most small
      power
      cruisers if she was prudently handled, doors and windows secured,
      etc.

      The specification called for queen sized double berth, a dinette
      convertible
      to a second double berth, a comfortable helm seat and forward view
      underway
      for two or three other people, enclosed toilet room, workable galley,
      standing headroom throughout and a cruising speed of 20 mph with as
      tittle
      wake and noise as possible, all inside the dimensions given for
      convenience
      in trailer hauling. Her owner originally proposed her to be powered
      with a
      diesel waterjet, but when the cost of the power plant became clear,
      he
      decided to settle for the 90 hp, four-stroke outboard motor which is
      also
      a good deal lighter and less intrusive on the cabin. "
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic