33388[bolger] Re: double ender schooner

  • David Ryan
    Jan 3, 2004
      We were up that way this past Summer, and the SHS is one the boats
      I'd consider for poking along the South Coast of Newfoundland. The
      His and Hers/Singlehanded Schooner seems like it would be a
      delightful boat for Bras d'Or Lake, with one thing to consider:

      Bolger describes the heavily weighted daggerboard as more of a
      removable keel. I'd get that there is plenty of deep water in Bras
      d'Or, but if your own sailing circumstances need a shoal draft, or
      beachable boat, the 125lbs daggerboard could be a bit of a nuisances.
      But if you're sailing off dock I doubt there's anyplace on the lake
      that boat wouldn't take you... and you'd get there in style!

      YIBB,

      David

      --

      C.E.P.