3311[bolger] Re: Primers for latex Paints?

  • Gary Lepak
    Feb 29 9:35 PM
      From: Fritz Funk <fritzf@...>
      To: <bolger@...>
      Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 12:09 PM
      Subject: [bolger] Primers for latex Paints?

      > What primer works best for the latex exterior house paints that Bolger
      > and others seem to favor for instant boats? (To be applied over a
      > partially-epoxied suface)

      I'm not sure what you mean by a "partially-epoxied surface" but I used flat
      latex house paint on a plywood catamaran that was well coated with WEST and
      used no primer. This was only above the waterline since the boat was
      continuously in the water. Just sand well and paint. The 8 years I had the
      boat, in saltwater, the paint adhered and held up fine. It would, however
      wear away in spots that had a lot of abrasion, as where fenders or dinghies
      rubbed against it. But it was very easy to touch up or repaint. Just wash
      with freshwater, dry, and paint.

      Gary
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic