32868Re: New fellow

  • Nels
    Dec 2, 2003
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pvanderwaart" <pvanderw@o...> wrote:
      > > At least one other LMII was built, with some deviation from the
      > > specs. How happy the owner was with the outcome I can't say.
      >
      > It seems to me that there was a fellow who had a LMII built by a
      > professional. Once it was built, he hated it, finding the interior
      > too much of a dark tunnel.
      >
      > A story like this is food for thought. I would always hesitate to
      > take it literally, at least without some confirmation, because
      > someone who is greatly dissatisfied is likely to overstate his
      case,
      > and without investigation it's impossible to know if his
      expectations
      > were reasonable in the first place. In fact, it's hard to know if
      our
      > own expectations are reasonable.
      >
      > Peter

      I seem to recall something along that line too. Seems to me that
      somebody had bought one and were re-selling it. One of the reasons
      given was that every time he wanted to enjoy a coffee on deck - or
      get a re-fill he had to climb down and back up the ladder. Things
      like that. He was however quick to point out it's many advantages as
      well. Just wasn't his cup of tea (or coffee) as he hadn't considered
      these things before he bought it.

      What you say about expectations is a very good point, as that
      information gave me pause for thought about living aboard full time!

      Cheers, Nels
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic