31719Re: Sneakeasy modification

  • Tom Rund
    Oct 9, 2003
      Hi Steve,

      Thanks for the reply.

      After further consideration, I decided to stick to the plans for my
      first sneakeasy. Perhaps later, I will try some mods.

      I noticed while laying out frame #6, that the beam radius of 3-3-1
      doen not work. Did you have this problem?

      Tom

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Tom
      > That picture is of a Slipper boat from England I believe. They are
      > inboard boats. My 15 hp Merc stuck 12 - 14 inches above the
      transom,
      > I don't see why it wouldn't work ok as long as the proportions were
      > right.
      > Steve Bosquette
      >
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Rund" <trund1024@y...> wrote:
      > > Dear Sneakeasy builders:
      > >
      > > Has anyone ever toyed with the idea of building a deck over the
      > > sponsons. I believe it would involve raising the freeboard a bit
      > > height that would allow the outboard motor to be covered by a
      deck.
      > > It's hard to put in words. See the wooden power boats group. In
      the
      > > photos section under Antiques click on the second photo of
      Cheetah.
      > > I'm referring to the stern area. It has a beautiful deck over it.
      > >
      > > Tom
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic