31598AS-29 ballast - Re: plastic coating

  • Peter Lenihan
    Oct 3, 2003
      > --- Peter Lenihan wrote:
      > > $6.50-$7.00 CAN.......just for the boat
      >
      > So, my 1,200 lb Micro Navigator
      > would cost $8K Canadian?
      >
      > I might be fooling myself, but
      > my mental accounting ledger still
      > totals less than $1,000.
      >
      > [Not counting bandaids, tools,
      > electric bill, coffee, rent paid
      > for my garage/shop, karma.]

      Bruce,
      Your Micro Navigator"could" cost that much......it all depends
      on what standard you want to build to ;-). My Micro cost a kitten's
      hair over $6000.00 CAN. to build in 1993 and I've got the bills to
      prove it. Sure,I also could have gotten a gold medal in"dumpster
      diving" too had I really worked at it but I was;
      a)too damned lazy.
      b)too damned stupid
      c)too much of a fraddy cat
      d)too damned proud
      I suppose any of the above could be made to "fit" but in truth
      I really wanted a Micro YACHT and a vessel to try out my growing
      inventory of woodworking skills.The logic being that any big time
      booboos would not cost me an arm and a leg on such a small boat.
      As I gradually assemble WINDERMERE, I lean heavily on the
      experiences gained through the MICRO and catch myself sometimes about
      to make another booboo just in ther nick of time.........I am glad I
      did my MICRO the way I did.
      It all boils down to what your end objective is with a self
      made boat.C'est la vie!

      sincerely,
      Peter Lenihan......who almost got spooked early this morning by what
      I took to be FROST on the windshield.........
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic