      > and buoyancy. Is it on the
      > building key or the drawings?

      I have never read the building key,
      [and would love to read it!]. There
      is a note on the drawing in the
      chapter of the book BWAOM, but you
      need a magnifying glass to read it.

      "Total Foam Buoyancy 50 CF = 3,000 lbs.
      Positive Buoyancy of wood structure about
      3,000 lbs.: Boat will be stable with about
      2 ft freeboard fully flooded."

      The 2,000 of lead, I imagine, could be
      cast into manhandle-able pieces. One
      piece, 1 1/2" by 3 1/2" by 3' 4 1/2" would
      weight about 100 lbs... ten per side.

      > 2000lbs lead. The total boat
      > is 7300lbs displacement.

      I rough numbers, 5,300 lbs of wood is
      about 1,800 board feet costing perhaps
      $3,600 premium grade, or half that if
      shop grade $1,800.

      How much epoxy? 30 gallons? $995?

      Plus, about the same labor as a Superbrick.

      $4,000 for hull, $2,000 for sails, $2,000 for
      motor.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic