30745Re: [bolger] sputtering 4 strokes

  • Hal Lynch
    Sep 4, 2003
      On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 08:54 AM, Richard Spelling wrote:

      > I'm 90% sure it's water in the gas, as replacing the fuel and draining
      > the carb cleared it up.

      > 2) buy one of those water/fuel separators with the disposible
      > canisters (how long would one of those last, btw?)

      2 things.

      My boat with a V8 engine has a disposable fuel filter/separator.
      I replace it every year when I winterize whether it needs it or not.
      In a good year I run about 200 gallons of gas through it. That is
      much more than you will. Cheap insurance.

      Have you figured out how the water is getting into the gas?
      Prevention is as good as a cure.

      A filter/separator is a good idea in any event.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic