29188Re: [bolger] Re: barrier reef cruiser

  • stephensonhw@aol.com
    Jul 2, 2003
      In a message dated 7/2/2003 8:50:15 PM E. Australia Standard Time,
      oink@... writes:

      > I don't feel the same way you do about Australian Amateur
      > Boatbuilder.
      > The copies I have seen seem to be full of thinly disguised
      > advertorial; pillaged Bolger plans, all printed on colored toilet
      > paper, appearing on the shelves at odd intervals.
      > DonB

      Don

      Just so others will know how I feel about the magazine: iIt's certainly not
      perfect, but I find it a useful source of information about small-boat designs
      and boat building material. The advertorials are not what I would call
      disguised -- they are quite blatant. I think we would be worse off without it.

      Howard

      I fear that it appeals to a rather small market and the editor has to rely on
      advertisers for the editorial content.